Garlic-Basil Grilled Chicken with Caprese Salsa
This recipe is just so yummmmm yummmm. We eat it just about every week. Normally I'd happily choose pasta for every meal in favor of meat (especially chicken), but this tops my list for sure. All the credit goes to Sunset magazine - they always have the best recipes!
It's the best when served with fresh corn, either grilled or sauteed off the cob. And of course, lots of yummy bread...duh (carb-lover alert).
The ingredients are so simple, and just a few things you might already even have on hand. To sum up the recipe in a nutshell, you:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 8 small chicken breast halves
- 1 qt. mixed colors cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella balls (small)
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar (sometimes I just use regular)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt and pepper
(Optional: Serve with fresh corn sauteed in a little butter)
Try it and let me know what you think!